Book:A Practical Manual for the Modern Witch
|A Practical Manual for the Modern Witch|
|Publication date||20 Aug 2015|
|All data relates to the first UK edition.|
One of the splendid miscellany of books about Discworld with no specific novel value, but with background details in that no fan would dream of not knowing, such as family planning, the value of folk songs and how to buy a broomstick. With an introduction by Old Mother Blackcap and advice from several famous practitioners.
An extract from the Amazon page describes it thus:
- ... 2016's diary gives a long-awaited insight into the wit and wisdom of some of the Discworld's most-loved characters, the Witches.
- Or, as Granny Weatherwax puts it:
- "I don't hold with diaries. If a witch don't know where she's been or where she should be, no amount of writing it down in long and diverse letters will make any difference.
- There are some who say that making a note of birthdays and the like will mean you get a lot of presents but I think Gytha is wrong.
- But suit yourself.
- Personally I can't be doing with it."
- ~ Esme Weatherwax
||Diary Series||Next book|