Borogravian National Anthem
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Borogravian National Anthem is probably one of the most warlike anthems going:
- Awake, ye sons of the Motherland!
- Taste no more the wine of the sour apples
- Woodsmen, grasp your choppers!
- Farmers, slaughter with the tool formerly used for lifting beets the foe!
- Frustrate the endless wiles of our enemies
- We into the darkness march singing
- Against the whole world in arms coming
- But see the golden light upon the mountain tops!
- The new day is a great big fish!
The last line - whilst problematic to speakers of Morporkian - is a reference to something good about to happen.