Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The L-Space Web - Everything about Discworld (including this Wiki.)
- alt.fan.pratchett - opens alt.fan.pratchett in your default mail client
- alt.fan.pratchett.announce on Google Groups
- alt.books.pratchett on Google Groups
- de.alt.fan.pratchett - German fan newsgroup
- de.alt.fan.pratchett on Google Groups
- Terry Pratchett - Bibliography, forums and features from Verlagsgruppe Random House / Doubleday / etc.
- Terry Pratchett Books - A very active forum with members from around the world. Main page also includes current news and information about the books and Terry Pratchett. (HarperCollins)
Blogs and Discussion
- Planet afp - A collection of afpers' weblogs.
- Terry Pratchett Quotes - A collection of quotations from Pratchett's novels and stories.
- Discworld Monthly - A free monthly newsletter about the Discworld.
- The Good Omens Lexicon - a fan site dedicated to this one book, and worth visiting
- Clacks Header - A collection of articles, eulogies, fanfiction and other bits and pieces gathered from various sources.
- Ankh-Morpork.de - The German Terry Pratchett Fan Club
- www.discworld.cz - The biggest Czech web page about Discworld
- DWCon UK Discworld Convention (1996, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014)
- Nullus Anxietas - The Australian Discworld Convention (2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021)
- Dicscworld-Convention.de - The German Discworld Convention (2007, 2009, 2011, 2015, 2017, 2019)
- Cabbagecon - Dutch Discworld Convention
- NADWCON - The official site for the first North American Discworld Convention (2009)
- Vade Mecum - a very good French-language site for Francophone fans of Terry Pratchett
- La Concha de Gran'A'Tuin - A Pratchett fan site in Spanish
- pratchett.org - a very good Russian-language site for CIS fans of Sir Terry
- The Irish Discworld Convention
- Pratchett.pl - a rather comprehensive Polish site that has been hiding from us for some time. Includes a Pratchettopedia
- Paul Kidby's homepage - Discworld art and news.
- The Discworld Emporium - creators and vendors of objets de Discworld art.
- Discworld MUD - A text MMO game started in 1991, based heavily on Pratchett's work. Link to website
- Discworld & Pratchett Paraphernalia, a wealth of illustrations by Tealin.
- Micro Art Studios- A Polish miniature manufacturer - A company making miniatures for RPGs and collecting with a discworld range.
- An archive of Cheerycomic via the Wayback Machine - a good resource for Dwarves and the Watch.
- Ankh-Morpork MUSH - a text MMO game started in 2019, based on Pratchett's depiction of Ankh-Morpork at the end of the novel series. Link to website
- Dungeon Dimensions - A forum dedicated to Discworld. Not very active but a nice community feel.
- Discworld Extended - A new forum for Discworld chat, fan fiction, games and roleplay.
- Discworld Emporium Forum - Set up by Bernard Pearson, a discussion point for all things Pratchett.
- /r/Discworld - A subreddit (sub-forum) of Reddit, "dedicated to the weird and wonderful Discworld". Reasonably active.
- Pratchett Fanon Wiki - A repository for all things Pratchett fanon. Feel free to use this for inspiration.
- The Long Earth Wiki - A great source for information on the Long Earth Series.
- Discworld Wiki - The other Discworld Wikia.
- DiscWiki - the German-language Discworld wiki.
- Radio Morpork - a Discworld podcast. Hosts Colm and Steve read each Discworld book in order, and create rankings. Launched August 2015; episodes released sporadically.
- Pratchat - a monthly Terry Pratchett book club podcast. Australian hosts Elizabeth Flux (writer) and Ben McKenzie (comedian) read and discuss every Pratchett book (not just the Discworld), each with a special guest. Launched November 2017, released on the 7Ath of each month.
- Wyrd Sisters - a monthly Discworld re-read podcast, hosted by Americans Dani, Manning and Liz. Launched January 2019, released monthly on the 28th of the month.
- The Discworld Portal - a weekly Discworld discussion podcast. Hosted by the Medieval Gnome, a Canadian(?) fantasy fan in his 60s, it's "a portal between that fantasy world called the Discworld and Roundworld, what we call reality". Launched April 2019; released weekly.
- The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret - a weekly Discworld podcast. Hosts Joanna Hagan-Young and Francine Carrel read and recap every Discworld book in order, over three episodes for each book with a week off in between. Launched November 2019.
- Desert Island Discworld - a Discworld interview podcast. Host Al Kennedy interviews a variety of guests about their favourite Discworld books. Launched November 2019; released weekly in seasons of six episodes.
- And he said to me - artist and author Bernard Pearson, longtime friend of Terry's and owner of the Discworld Emporium, shares stories about Pratchett in conversation with his other friends, including Rob Wilkins. Launched December 2019, released sporadically (only two episodes as of April 2020). No web site, but it appears to be on most podcast platforms.
- The Compleat Discography - a Discworld fancast. “Four nerds” do a book club style read-through of the Discworld novels and related works, in publication order. Occasionally special guests; also intend to cover The Watch. Launched January 2020; released fortnightly, at least at launch.
- The Pratchett Podcast - a sometimes monthly news, discussion and review podcast, mostly about the Discworld. Hosted by Graeme Sheridan and sometimes Rhys Parton. Launched October 2011; released monthly or bi-monthly for 61 episodes through to October 2018. Most recent thirty episodes available here; the first fifteen episodes here.
- The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents (Read & Respond), by Eileen Jones, Scholastic, 1st September 2016.
- Summary of The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett, WhizBooks, 25th July 2018.
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman], Bright Summaries, 8th April 2019.
Criticism, biography, commentary
- Terry Pratchett Guilty of Literature. The Science Fiction Foundation, 2000, edited by Andrew M. Butler, Edward James and Farah Mendlesohn.
- So You Think You Know Discworld Hodder Children's Books, 2006, by Clive Gifford. Unofficial quiz book unlike the other two by Dave Langford which were endorsed by Terry.
- An Unofficial Companion to the Novels of Terry Pratchett Greenwood World Publishing, 2007, Andrew M. Butler.
- Terry Pratchett (Writers Uncovered) Heinemann Library, 2007, Vic Parker.
- The Turtle Moves. Benbella Books, 2008, by American commentator on all things Pratchett, Lawrence Watt-Evans
- Secrets of The Wee Free Men and Discworld: The Myths and Legends of Terry Pratchett's Multiverse by Carrie Pyykkonen and Linda Washington, 2008, St. Martin's Griffin.
- Terry Pratchett-The Spirit of Fantasy by Craig Cabell, John Blake Publishing, 2011. (£17.99 UK). An entertaining and well-written book about Terry, part unauthorised biography, part literary criticism. Rumour has it this book has landed in remaindered bins at less than a fiver, a fate something as good as this does not deserve. (But see Amazon "customer reviews" for some violent disagreement.)
- Philosophy and Terry Pratchett edited by Jacob Held and James South, 2014, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Discworld and the Disciplines: Critical Approaches to the Terry Pratchett Works by Anne Hiebert Alton and William C. Spruiell, 2014, McFarland & Co Inc.
- In Memory: A Tribute To Sir Terry Pratchett by Sorin Suciu (editor), 2015, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Discworld and Philosophy by Nicolas Michaud (editor), 2016, Cricket Books.
- Terry Pratchett's Narrative Worlds: From Giant Turtles to Small Gods by Marion Rana (editor), 11th January 2018, Palgrave Macmillan.
- The Magic of Terry Pratchett by Marc Burrows, 30th July 2020, Pen & Sword History.
- Fan fiction
- TV tropes - a really neat and entertaining site discussing the recurring "tropes", ie literary shortcuts, stereotypes and literary conventions present in TV, literature and art. A lot of space is given over to Pratchett's work, detailing how the tropes, those conventions, hooks and short-cuts present in the universal consciousness of all creative writers, work in the Discworld.