Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 01:18, 31 March 2022 by Old Dickens (Vade Mecum has been hijacked. Does anyone know?)
- The L-Space Web - Everything about Discworld (including this Wiki.)
- alt.fan.pratchett - opens alt.fan.pratchett in your default mail client
- alt.fan.pratchett.announce on Google Groups
- alt.books.pratchett on Google Groups
- de.alt.fan.pratchett - German fan newsgroup
- de.alt.fan.pratchett on Google Groups
- Terry Pratchett - Bibliography, forums and features from Verlagsgruppe Random House / Doubleday / etc.
- Terry Pratchett Books - A very active forum with members from around the world. Main page also includes current news and information about the books and Terry Pratchett. (HarperCollins)
Blogs and Discussion
- Planet afp - A collection of afpers' weblogs.
- Terry Pratchett Quotes - A collection of quotations from Pratchett's novels and stories.
- Discworld Monthly - A free monthly newsletter about the Discworld.
- The Good Omens Lexicon - a fan site dedicated to this one book, and worth visiting
- Clacks Header - A collection of articles, eulogies, fanfiction and other bits and pieces gathered from various sources.
- DWCon - the International Discworld Convention, held in the UK (1996, 1998, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014. 2016, 2018, 2022)
- Dicscworld-Convention.de - the German Discworld Convention (2007, 2009, 2011, 2015, 2017, 2019)
- AusDWCon - the Australian Discworld Convention, "Nullus Anxietas" (2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019)
- IDWCon - the Irish Discworld Convention (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021)
- NADWCON - the North American Discworld Convention (2009, 2011, 2013, 2017, 2019)
- Dutch DWCon - "Cabbagecon", the Dutch Discworld Convention (2011, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2022)
- The Ineffable Con - Good Omens fan convention (2019, 2020, 2021); also run smaller events
- Llamedos Holiday Camp - a Welsh Discworld event (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Ankh-Morpork.de - The German Terry Pratchett Fan Club
- www.discworld.cz - The biggest Czech web page about Discworld
- La Concha de Gran'A'Tuin - A Pratchett fan site in Spanish
- pratchett.org - a very good Russian-language site for CIS fans of Sir Terry
- Pratchett.pl - a rather comprehensive Polish site that has been hiding from us for some time. Includes a "Pratchettopedia"
- Paul Kidby's homepage - Discworld art and news.
- The Discworld Emporium - creators and vendors of objets de Discworld art.
- Discworld MUD - A text MMO game started in 1991, based heavily on Pratchett's work. Link to website
- Discworld & Pratchett Paraphernalia, a wealth of illustrations by Tealin.
- Micro Art Studios- A Polish miniature manufacturer - A company making miniatures for RPGs and collecting with a discworld range.
- An archive of Cheerycomic via the Wayback Machine - a good resource for Dwarves and the Watch.
- Ankh-Morpork MUSH - a text MMO game started in 2019, based on Pratchett's depiction of Ankh-Morpork at the end of the novel series. Link to website
- Dungeon Dimensions - A forum dedicated to Discworld. Not very active but a nice community feel.
- Discworld Extended - A new forum for Discworld chat, fan fiction, games and roleplay.
- Discworld Emporium Forum - Set up by Bernard Pearson, a discussion point for all things Pratchett.
- /r/Discworld - A subreddit (sub-forum) of Reddit, "dedicated to the weird and wonderful Discworld". Reasonably active.
- The Discworld Fanon Wiki - A repository for all things Pratchett fanon. Feel free to use this for inspiration.
- The Long Earth Wiki - A great source for information on the Long Earth Series.
- Discworld Wiki - The Discworld wiki at Fandom.com (previously Wikia).
- DiscWiki - the German-language Discworld wiki.
Moved to their own page: Podcasts.
- The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents (Read & Respond), by Eileen Jones, Scholastic, 1st September 2016.
- Summary of The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett, WhizBooks, 25th July 2018.
- Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman], Bright Summaries, 8th April 2019.
Criticism, biography, commentary
- Terry Pratchett Guilty of Literature. The Science Fiction Foundation, 2000, edited by Andrew M. Butler, Edward James and Farah Mendlesohn.
- So You Think You Know Discworld Hodder Children's Books, 2006, by Clive Gifford. Unofficial quiz book unlike the other two by Dave Langford which were endorsed by Terry.
- An Unofficial Companion to the Novels of Terry Pratchett Greenwood World Publishing, 2007, Andrew M. Butler.
- Terry Pratchett (Writers Uncovered) Heinemann Library, 2007, Vic Parker.
- The Turtle Moves. Benbella Books, 2008, by American commentator on all things Pratchett, Lawrence Watt-Evans
- Secrets of The Wee Free Men and Discworld: The Myths and Legends of Terry Pratchett's Multiverse by Carrie Pyykkonen and Linda Washington, 2008, St. Martin's Griffin.
- Terry Pratchett-The Spirit of Fantasy by Craig Cabell, John Blake Publishing, 2011. (£17.99 UK). An entertaining and well-written book about Terry, part unauthorised biography, part literary criticism. Rumour has it this book has landed in remaindered bins at less than a fiver, a fate something as good as this does not deserve. (But see Amazon "customer reviews" for some violent disagreement.)
- Philosophy and Terry Pratchett edited by Jacob Held and James South, 2014, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Discworld and the Disciplines: Critical Approaches to the Terry Pratchett Works by Anne Hiebert Alton and William C. Spruiell, 2014, McFarland & Co Inc.
- In Memory: A Tribute To Sir Terry Pratchett by Sorin Suciu (editor), 2015, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
- Discworld and Philosophy by Nicolas Michaud (editor), 2016, Cricket Books.
- Terry Pratchett's Narrative Worlds: From Giant Turtles to Small Gods by Marion Rana (editor), 11th January 2018, Palgrave Macmillan.
- The Magic of Terry Pratchett by Marc Burrows, 30th July 2020, Pen & Sword History. Link
- Terry Pratchett's Ethical Worlds: Essays on Identity and Narrative in Discworld and Beyond by Kristin Noone and Emily Lavin Leveret (Editors), 5th August 2020, McFarland.
- Fan fiction
- TV tropes - a really neat and entertaining site discussing the recurring "tropes", ie literary shortcuts, stereotypes and literary conventions present in TV, literature and art. A lot of space is given over to Pratchett's work, detailing how the tropes, those conventions, hooks and short-cuts present in the universal consciousness of all creative writers, work in the Discworld.