|Age||b. ca 1967 UC|
|Occupation||Actor in The Dysk, prince of Lancre|
|Parents||Same father as Verence II, his mother was the wife of Verence I, although the people of Lancre think his father is Verence I.|
|Relatives||Former Queen of Lancre (Mother)|
Former Fool of Lancre Castle (Father)
Verence II (Older Half-brother)
Queen Magrat (sister-in-law)
Princess Esmerelda Margaret (Niece)
Birth name never mentioned. The rightful heir to the throne of Lancre, raised as an actor in the travelling troupe of Olwyn Vitoller. In the end he preferred acting to being a king. He remembers all the words of all the plays of the dwarven master playwright Hwel, thanks to the interference of the witches, and can bring tears to the eyes of the toughest audience - including bandits that waylaid them, dwarves mid-riot and even the folk of Lancre and the Sto Plains. He can become anybody before your eyes - from Death himself to an old, old man to a simpering wench. In short: the most talented artiste the Disc has ever seen. Now graces the stage at The Dysk.
His parentage is rather questionable, with his half-brother Verence II clearly having the same father; it is disputed whether their father was Verence I of Lancre, or Verence II's father, who was a famous Fool from the Guild of Fools and Joculators. The witches, who were presumably there, are certain it was indeed the fool who fathered them both.
- When Witches, Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, and Magrat Garlick arranged for the toddler Tomjon to leave Lancre for his own safety, they each gave him a blessing, as was the tradition:
- (Magrat Garlick): "He will make friends easily". (Something she-herself never been able to get the hang of.)
- (Nanny Ogg): "A bloody good memory is what he ought to have. He'll always remember the words".
- (Granny Weatherwax): "Let him be whoever he thinks he is. That's all anybody could hope for in this world".
- Tomjon was originally delivered by midwife Nanny Ogg, to whom the late queen confided the true identity of the father of the baby.