From Discworld & Terry Pratchett Wiki
- The Bucket, the chosen watering hole of the Watch
- Madam's Gardens (corner with Treacle Mine Road)
- Offices of the Ankh-Morpork Times, at the Sign of the Bucket
- Opposite, their tabloid rival, the Ankh-Morpork Inquirer;
- Rouster and Sideways, publishers;
- The shop of Sweeney Jones, the Bad Barber of Gleam Street, who killed many customers purely by accident.
There is also an eel pie shop, as mentioned in Hogfather.
According to Carrot, an underground river runs beneath Gleam Street which was covered over and built on to mitigate pressure of space within the city. If this is true, and it probably is (it is Carrot who's talking), then this neatly foreshadows what at that point (Men at Arms) would be the later use of the street as HQ for the burgeoning newspaper industry. (In Roundworld's London, Fleet Street, a street built up over a tributary of the Thames, called the River Fleet, was the heart of Britain's newspaper industry).