Game:Discworld: The Ankh-Morpork Map
Discworld: The Ankh Morpork Map is an app that was published by Random House on February 4th 2013. The app was developed by Agant for IOS systems with design by Rob Corradi. The app contained material from The Compleat Ankh-Morpork along with some extra app related features including audio, video, achievements and extra material. The app was removed from the app store in 2015 after Apple removed support for 32 bit applications in IOS 11 and the company that developed the app ceased producing.
No.1 Reference app in thirteen countries
'Ankh-Morpork at your fingertips. Just remember to wash your hands afterwards!' - Terry Pratchett
Welcome to Ankh-Morpork!
There’s a saying that all roads lead to Ankh-Morpork. At least, there’s a saying that there’s a saying that all roads lead to Ankh-Morpork. And it’s wrong. All roads lead away from Ankh-Morpork, but sometimes people just walk along them the wrong way. You, dear traveller, have made such a glorious mistake.
We offer up this guide to our vibrant metropolis for your information and delight.
- Two beautifully detailed, hand-drawn maps of Ankh-Morpork
- Explore a living, breathing animated map of Discworld’s most famous city with over 1,500 residents wandering the streets
- Keep an eye out for famous Discworld characters going about their business
- Find your way around with a detailed street map
- Discover over 2,000 businesses, services and landmarks
- Listen to a bespoke soundscape that ebbs and flows as you explore to match the atmosphere of the city at work.
- Navigate with ease, with a fully searchable city directory and street index
- Take a guided walking tour of famous landmarks with historian Hortensia D’Antiqua (voiced by Blackadder’s Helen Atkinson Wood)
- Read quotes from the Discworld novels
- Unlock achievements as you explore
- Deliver post for the Blind Letters Office
The app was removed from the Apple App Store in 2015 after the company removed support for 32 bit applications in IOS 11 and the company Agant ceased development and broke up; as such the app is no longer available to download for new people. The app is still available for some people under specific conditions, as long as they purchased the app while it was available on the app store they can still re-download the app even if they have deleted it but cannot play it unless they are running a device that uses the IOS operating systems between IOS 6 and IOS 10.