Races in The Dark Side of the Sun
Jump to navigation Jump to search
52 different sentient species (including earth-humanity) exist in the novel The Dark Side of the Sun.
Chief among them are:
- Earth-humans - Natives of Old Earth who have settled such diverse worlds as Third Eye and Eggplant.
- Widdershine - 50/50 left-handed, night-black skin, hairless, UV-tolerant eyes, skin-cancer resistant
- Terra Novae - stocky people with two hearts from a metal rich world
- Third Eye (Pineals?) - Phobish, a forest world
- Whole Erse - warriors
- Eggplant - vegetarian (home planet has aggressive vegetation)
- Class Five Robots
- Phnobes - Natives of Phnobis. Three sexes.
- Creapii - Natives from Creap, first planet of 70 Ophiuchis A. Oldest race (after Jokers). Octopodial. Non-gendered. Extremophiles. Names are chemical and degrees (e.g. CReegE + 698°).
- Low-degree (silicon-oxygen)
- Middle-degree (silicon-carbon, 500°C)
- High-degree (aluminum-silicon polymer)
- Others (silicon-boron, etc.)
- Drosks - Natives of Quaducquakucckuaquekekecqac. Cuboid in appearance, like a heavy gravity chimp on steroids, omni-carnivores.
- Sun-dogs - Natives from Eggplant, since relocated to Band. Space dwellers, lay eggs (in orbit) every ten years.
- Jokers - Natives of Jokers World. Elder race.