Add spoiler warning for Small Gods?
Not for me...--Old Dickens 22:03, 19 January 2007 (CET)
- I thought we had decided not to use spoiler warnings, because there's a general warning on top now. --Sanity 10:17, 20 January 2007 (CET)
Character info claims Vorbis is 'elderly'. Not in my reading of the text, he's not. I'd have him in his 40s - an extremely capable and deeply frightening man is quite capable of scaling the heights by then. Arguments or agreements? --Knmatt 22:32, 15 February 2011 (CET)
- I would agree with you. Not only is he never described as elderly (from what I can recall), but he seems athletic and fit; he's able to survive in the desert and he's able to knock out Brutha and carry him through the desert back to Omnia.
- Unless anyone can find some proof of the elderly thing, that should be removed from the article. TC01 22:43, 15 February 2011 (CET)
- Yep, TC01 made my point: he seemed pretty fit at the end there. The initial description mentions "superiors fifty years his senior". --Old Dickens 23:40, 15 February 2011 (CET)
Blowed if I know how it fits, but tvtropes connects the DrWho theme tune to something called "Vorbis". This turns out to be computer software enabling electronic music to be created, filed, and shared. Even more weirdly, the theme tune in this context is often called "Ogg Vorbis. Apparently <<.ogg>> is a recognised program suffix. Well, you live and learn. AgProv (talk) 13:28, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
- I suggested audio uploads before (preferably in .ogg) for pronunciation, especially. The upload page suggests the form [[Media:File.ogg]], but unfortunately .ogg isn't a permitted file type. --Old Dickens (talk) 21:57, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
For more enlightenment followed by additional bafflement, see [here]. The makers of the software deny it is anything to do with her - although a later development was called Vorbis and a Pratchett link is acknowledged. Hmmm.AgProv (talk) 13:36, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
Vorbis is also a location in Dr Who....
The Tardis is drawn in and trapped on the planet Vorbis by a malevolant entity called the Great Animus. The Great Animus has the power to control anything in direct contact with gold... somehow... and has through that managed to ensure complete obedience from the Zarbi. The travellers must work with the Menoptra to destroy the Great Animus and escape from the terrifying web.