Welcome to my user talk page! To leave me a message, click here.
Hi. Sorry for the latency, but you raised several points and...stuff happens. We're always short of female contributors, so doubly welcome.
Yes, I do have the authority to create administrators, because I'm not likely to use it capriciously. Lately, we're not suffering much from vandal attacks, I see only five vandals blocked this year. (There was a time I could spend an hour or more daily cleaning them out.) There may be a path to administratorship, however: contribute usefully to content and discussion and demonstrate that you're around regularly. Given my advanced age and AgProv's Welsh ladness, there may be need of a replacement before long. Of course, if Osiris goes, we'll all have to accompany him to the other world, but he seems pretty fit.
About your categorisation: You may see a value in a category for female users, but I wonder how many would sign up for it. The Main page is more serious. Jagra, I believe, created the Wiki Data category to collect these meta pages, which was reasonable if not very valuable. What is the point of a category with only one eponymous member, and why remove the page from Wiki Data? --Old Dickens (talk) 03:08, 26 July 2019 (UTC)
@User talk:Old Dickens Yeah, I believe that using the Wikidata category is an option, but most wikis that I come across have the main page category on their main pages. --Yoshi (Talk to me!) 16:24, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
- First, messing with other peoples' user pages is really rude and really not done. Really.
- I don't know if other wikis have created a single-occupancy category for their talk pages, but it still doesn't answer the question of what possible use it could be.
- You're not likely to get a response from Confusion (we haven't heard from him in five years) and you won't be deleting any pages.
- What's a "rollbacker"? --Old Dickens (talk) 19:49, 29 July 2019 (UTC)
- @User talk:Old Dickens A rollbacker is a person who reverts an edit that classes as vandalism. You rollback their edit to that last current revision. And sorry about messing with your user page. Users can have user categories too. Users will then know that you are an admin, so that's why I added those categories. --Yoshi (Talk to me!) 14:43, 30 July 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, I'm familiar with the operation, but there's no such permission as "rollbacker": just Users (you), Administrators (me), and gods of life and death (Osiris). --Old Dickens (talk) 18:24, 30 July 2019 (UTC)
- Osiris was the Egyptian god of practically everything. No, as mentioned before, no one becomes an administrator that quickly, and there's no immediate need for one. --Old Dickens (talk) 17:21, 31 July 2019 (UTC)
Do not go gentle...
I don't think twenty years is really long enough, all my children being older than that. Having no qualifications as a psychologist or priest, I don't know what I can do or say from here (I don't even know where you are), but there's probably local help available. Take your own advice: express yourself, be heard! You can't do that when you're dead. --Old Dickens (talk) 16:54, 26 November 2019 (UTC)