TV and Film:Going Postal
|Terry Pratchett's Going Postal|
|Broadcast Channel||Sky One|
|Producer(s)||Jon Jones, Sue de Beauvoir|
|Starring||Richard Coyle, Claire Foy, Charles Dance|
|Annotations||Annotations for TV and Film:Going Postal|
|Preceded by||The Colour of Magic|
|Followed by||Troll Bridge|
|All data relates to the UK home release.|
Based off the book of the same name; Moist von Lipwig is a cheat, a liar and a conman and now he has a choice, reform and restore the broken Post Office of Ankh-Morpork or face the noose. Problems abound however as he must face his Golem 'bodyguard,' corrupt businessmen, and flying assassins.
The series was broadcast as two untitled episodes, each at one hour and thirty minutes long.
- Richard Coyle: Moist von Lipwig
- Charles Dance: Havelock Vetinari
- Claire Foy: Adora Belle Dearheart
- ?Steve Pemberton: Drumknott
- Tamsin Greig: Sacharissa Cripslock
- Madhav Sharma: Crispin Horsefry
- Ian Bonar: Stanley Howler
- Nicholas Farrell: Mr. Pump (Voice)
- Marnix Van Den Broeke: Mr. Pump (Body)
- Adrian Schiller: Gryle
- Ingrid Bolsø Berdal: Angua von Überwald
- Terry Pratchett: Postman
- Andrew Sachs: Tolliver Groat
- Timothy West: Mustrum Ridcully
- David Suchet: Reacher Gilt
These extras are available on the 2-disc editions of the DVD and Blu-ray releases.
- Introduction by Terry Pratchett
- Directors Audio Commentary (DVD Only)
- Directors Picture-in-Picture Commentary (Blu-ray Only)
- Director and Producer Interview
- Terry Pratchett Interview
- Cast Interviews
- Deleted Scenes
- Costume and Make-up Featurettes
- Interview with the Fans
- Image Galleries
- First-Day Cover Stamps 'Ankh-Morpork Post Office Half Penny Special Issue'
Differences between the book and series
- Moist's challenge by the old postmen with the dogs is absent.
- The old postmen only appear after the Post Office is reopened.
- Anghammarad is absent.
- Crispin Horsefry is killed by Reacher Gilt.
- Gryle is killed by the buring letters in the Post Office rather than by flying into the sorting machine.