TV and Film:Troll Bridge
|First Broadcast||16th January 2019|
|Starring||Don Bridges, Glenn Van Oosterom, John Jenkins, Troy Larkin|
|Duration||16 minutes (Festival), 25 minutes (Complete)|
|Annotations||Annotations for TV and Film:Troll Bridge|
|Preceded by||Going Postal|
|Followed by||Good Omens|
|All data relates to the UK home release.|
The plot is the same as the original short story with Cohen the Barbarian making his way to Death Bridge to defeat a Troll in single combat to prove himself, however upon meeting the troll things go rather differently.
Unique to the film there is also a prologue showing Cohen in his younger days fighting in a large scale battle; Terry Pratchett aided by writing additional dialogue for this sequence.
Troll Bridge was financed through Kickstarter with donated money and production began in 2011. The project later moved to Backerkit during post-production.
In 2016 at Terry Pratchett's memorial service Snowgum Films announced that the film was nearing completion.
After completion the film is expected to tour and be exhibited at professional film circuits, after which it will be released to backers as a downloadable/streamable film and on DVD/BLU Ray.
The film premiered at the Australian international film festival Flickerfest on 16th January 2019.
In January 2021 Snowgum Films released the Complete version of the film on their Youtube channel: Troll Bridge on Youtube
The film will be released in three versions:
- Festival: The finished film and the version that will be shown on tour. (16 Mins)
- Complete: The theatrical version with the complete war prologue and other extended scenes scaled down in the theatrical version. (25 mins)
- Bloody Stupid Johnson Edition: The complete version along with deleted sequences, animatics, and test footage to tell the extended story. (45 mins)
Backers Portal/Streaming Arena
This area on the Troll Bridge website is accessible only by backers. It contains the three versions of the film and the bonus material available on the DVD/BLU Ray discs as well as additional material was not added to the physical releases.
- Director: Daniel Knight
- Producer: Ahren Morris
- Cohen the Barbarian: Don Bridges
- Horse: Glenn Van Oosterom
- Mica: John Jenkins
- Beryl: Troy Larkin
- Scree: Ruben Francis
- Narrator: Phil Zachariah
- Cohen the Barbarian (Young): Ange Galati
- Carvetemple: John Jenkins
- Hawksborn: Billy Smedley
- Sepsis Leech: Nick Dubberley
- Gort: Ashley Weidner
- Hamplug: Tim Ferris
- Blox: Glenn Van Oosterom
- Craaw: Andrew Stoops
- Plink: Liam McIntyre
- Sid: Leon Dürr
- Captain Vord: Troy Larkin
- Gavin: Tim Ferris
- Hafgrim: Troy Larkin
- Sir John Hawkwood: Stephen 'Sven' Wyley
- Sir William O'Noonan: Damien Noonan
- Axart: Leon Dürr