|Occupation||Candle Boy / Football Player|
|Residence||Candle vats, Unseen University|
|Parents||Dave Likely (father)|
Trevor Likely is a famous football player and is the son of Dave Likely (correction, Dave Likely is his father; context is important, as Vetinari once said). He was the manager of Unseen University's candle vats before Vetinari's plan for the future of football; the status of that job is now unknown. His title in that capacity was "dribbler," both a reference to the dribbly candles he produced and a sly nod towards his future football career. He always kicks around a tin can when he walks; his skill is well known and admired by his friends.
At first, Trevor is only a fan of football rather than an actual player because his ol' mum forbade him to play after she was widowed. Trev heeds this for most of the book; Nutt reveals that Trev was traumatized at an early age by the violent death of his father during a game, and wishes to have no part in the world of football. However, due to the new, slightly more civil, rules of the game, Trev eventually gives in and replaces Professor Macarona D.Thau (Bug), D.Maus (Chubb), Magistaludorum (QIS), Octavium (Hons), PHGK (Blit), DMSK, Mack, D.Thau (Bra), Visiting Professor in Chickens (Jahn the Conqueror University (Floor 2, Shrimp Packers building, Genua)), Primo Octo (Deux), Visiting Professor of Blit/Slood Exchanges (Al Khali), KCbfj, Reciprocating Professor of Blit Theory (Unki), Didimus Supremius (Unki), Emeritus Professor in Blit Substrate Determinations (Chubb), Chair of Blit and Music Studies (Quirm College for Young Ladies) after he was injured by two Ankh-Morpork United players. He plays badly at first, but Glenda replaces the official ball with a tin can, allowing Trevor to show his true talent.
Trev had some kind of past relationship with Glenda Sugarbean the head cook in the Night Kitchen at UU; in the book, he flatters her in order to get some of her amazing cooking. Shortly thereafter, he falls deeply in love with another Night Kitchen worker Juliet Stollop/mysterious fashion model Jewels, and it can be deduced that they intend to marry each other.
Roundworld Footballing Trevors
- Trevor Anderson (Manchester United, Linfield and Northern Ireland) - Career was ended after a brutal grudge tackle shattered his leg.
- Trevor Brooking (Birmingham City and England)
- Trevor Carson (Sunderland and Northern Ireland)
- Trevor Cherry (Leeds United and England)
- Trevor Edwards (Charlton Athletic and Wales)
- Trevor Ford (Sunderland and Wales) - Scored the fastest ever goal in English football - after a mere 15 seconds of play.
- Trevor Francis (Manchester City and England)
- Trever Hockey (Sheffield United and Wales)
- Trevor Howard (Norwich City)
- Trevor Lee (Millwall, Fulham and six others)
- Trevor Morgan (Birmingham City)
- Trevor Morris (Cardiff City, Swansea Town and Wales)
- Trevor Savage (Bolton)
- Trevor Sinclair (West Ham, Manchester City, and England)
- Trevor Steven (Everton, et al, England)
- Trevor Thompson (1) (West Bromwich Albion and the Washington Diplomats)
- Trevor Thompson (2) (Glentoran and Northern Ireland)
- Trevor Whymark (Manchester City and England)
Honourable mentions to:
- Trevor Barker (Australian Rules Football - St Kilda)
- Trevor Ford (American football - Hartford Colonials)
- Trevor Giles (Irish football - County Meath)
- Trevor Leo (Australian Rules Football - Hobart)
- Trevor Matich (American football - BYU and Indianapolis Colts)
- Trevor Obst (Australian Rules Football - Adelaide)
- Trevor Spencer (Australian Rules Football - Essingdon, Geelong, Melbourne)