Rumoured and Unfinished Works
Sir Terry Pratchett sadly passed away in March 2015 leaving many of the drafts of new and old stories that he was working on to be left unfinished. This left The Shepherd's Crown as the last Discworld novel and The Long Cosmos as his last collaborative novel, posthumously published and finished with the aid of Rob Wilkins and Stephen Baxter respectively.
Throughout his career Terry mentioned ideas and teased titles for potential stories and novels mainly in the Discworld series:
- Raising Taxes - A possible story featuring Moist von Lipwig reforming Ankh-Morpork's tax system.
- Scouting for Trolls - A story about the formation of a scouting society in Ankh-Morpork, first hinted at in the short story The Minutes of the Meeting To Form The Proposed Ankh-Morpork Federation of Scouts.
- Running Water - Another potential story with Moist von Lipwig concerning him and the logging industry.
- Twilight Canyons - A story about old folk solving a mystery about treasure and preventing the rise of a Dark Lord.
- The Dark Incontinent - Mentions the crystal cave and carnivorous plants.
- A "whodunnit" among the goblins featuring Constable Feeney.
- A second story starring Maurice as a ships cat.
In 1993, responding to a suggestion that he write a Round the Disc in 80 Days story Terry replied "Oh, yes...that one's in \Pit. But it's an obvious _Rincewind_ plot."
On 25th August 2017 Rob Wilkins fulfilled one of Terry's last wishes and destroyed the hard drive of his computer under a steamroller, Newspaper Article, resulting in the loss of these possible stories.