Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Chemin-de-fer - "The Iron Road" - The Railway. (According to Effie King, it's also a card game.)
- Derriere Velocite - "Bum's Rush" - Forcible ejection from an establishment (Men at Arms)
- Le Mot Juste - "The Right Word (In The Right Place" - de Worde family Motto
- Lingua Quirma - A nod to the realworld phrase, "Lingua franca" (Jingo and Raising Steam)
- Fait Accompli - "An Accomplished Fact" (Raising Steam)
- Guy de Norde - a celebrated architect who gave his name to the main railway station in Quirm city.
- Mon Repos - "my place of rest" - (see also Death's Domain).
- Noblesse Oblige - "Nobility Obliges".
- Droit De Seigneur'' - "the right of the lord"
- Touché "touched" (fencing)
- Dans Une Certaine Condition - "In A Certain Condition" -- in reference to lycanthropy (Men at Arms)
- Nom d'une bouilloire! Pourquoi est-ce que je suis hardiment ri sous cape à par les dieux? - "Name of a kettle! Why am I boldly chuckled at by the gods?" (roughly translated) -- less a phrase and more a lamentation by the chef Aimsbury about his allergy to the word "garlic" (Making Money)