Death comes for everyone. But what happens when he comes is different for each person. Having removed the soul from the body, he may usher people off to their well deserved rest or reward in the afterlife. For some they get what they deserved after a life of wickedness and are destined for one of the hells, or special punishments. Some get to go round again and are reincarnated, or choose to become one with nature.
For some however they are destined to become a ghost. This is not up to Death, but usually occurs due to the will of the gods who feel that the person has some unfinished task to complete. Their soul will thus remain on the Disc as a ghost, until such time as they complete their destiny and Death can collect their soul.
Ghost cannot normally affect the world of the living, but some have found that with mental strength and focus they can manipulate small objects; such as close doors, create a draft and over-salt their foe's porridge. Over time a ghost will often lose its shape, and can become a mere blob, unless they have a strong morphogenic field.
These spirits cannot be seen or usually sensed by most humans, although many people become uncomfortable in their presence or if they sit on them. The current record anyone has managed to sit in the haunted seat seven (front row, center) at the Pink PussyCat Club is eleven seconds. Ghosts can be seen by close relatives, the psychically inclined, and cats. A ghost is often restricted to the site where it died, and must haunt a certain location. Clever ghosts have found a loophole in this.
Ghosts of the Disc
- Professor Flead - Haunts the Pink PussyCat Club
- Troglodyte Wanderer - Haunts Lancre Castle
- King Champot - Haunts Lancre Castle
- King Verence I - Haunts Lancre Castle
- Duke Felmet - Haunts Lancre Castle
- Greicha the First - Ruler of the Wyrmberg
- Pteppicymon XXVII - 1397th Pharaoh of Djelibeybi
- One-Man-Bucket - Spirit guide
- Oswald the ondageist - Obsessively neat ghost in the house of Miss Level