Book:Once More* *with Footnotes
|One More* *With Footnotes|
|Co-author(s)||Sheila Perry, Priscilla Olson|
|Publication date||September 2004|
|All data relates to the first UK edition.|
Over the years, in addition to his wildly popular Discworld, Johnny Maxwell, and Nome books, Terry Pratchett has also written an assortment of short stories, articles, introductions, and ephemera. These have appeared in books, magazines, newspapers, anthologies, and program books, many of which are now hard to find. Here in one convenient volume, with introductory notes from Mr. Pratchett, are such elusive pieces as: The Hades Business, Once and Future, The Secret Book of the Dead, Hollywood Chickens, Turntables of the Night, Final Reward, Twenty Pence with Envelope and Seasonal Greeting, and more.
The cover illustration and design by Omar and Sheila Rayyan, featuring a crone-type witch, and something of a flying chariot of sorts made of items including a lightbulb, a music casette tape, and a pencil, a chicken riding in it. The actual illustration is better than can be described in these words.
* Other wikis and internet sources tend to omit one of the asterisks. We wonder how they manage to connect the footnote to main text.
Copyright 2003 by Michael Benveniste; features Mr. Pratchett in a scholar's cap on top of which is a large yellow rubber ducky.
- Collection of most short works by Mr. Pratchett up to 2002, compiled in 2004 by the NESFA, who issued a second printing in March 2005. This first edition, second printing is still in circulation.
- Contains Mr. Pratchett's works: stories, articles, a poem, and an introduction to this volume; an introduction to this volume by Esther Friesner; an afterword to this volume by Priscilla Olson, discussing the NESFA's process of thinking up a book title for this volume.
- Contains a list of bibliographic citations of the first appearances in print of these short works.
- Compilation published in United States of America by New England Science Fiction Association.
Copyright (c) 1963-2004 by Terry and Lyn Pratchett.
Introduction article "Terry Pratchett: The Man, The Myth, The Legend, The Beverage" copyright 2004 by Esther Friesner.
Afterword article "The Titles That Got Away" copyright 2004 by Priscilla Olson.
Table of Contents
- Terry Pratchett: The Man, The Myth, The Legend, The Beverage (Introduction by Esther Friesner)
- Apology (Introduction by Terry Pratchett)
- Hollywood Chickens
- Doctor Who?
- The Hades Business
- The Big Store
- Twenty Pence With Envelope and Seasonal Greetings
- Paperback Writer
- Final Reward
- And Mind the Monoliths
- Theatre of Cruelty
- Introduction to The Unseen University Challenge
- 2001: The Vision and the Reality
- High Tech, Why Tech?
- The Roots of Fantasy
- Introduction to The Wyrdest Link
- Thought Progress
- The Sea and Little Fishes
- Introduction to The Leaky Establishment
- Let There Be Dragons
- #ifdefDEBUG + "world/enough" + "time"
- Foreword: Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable
- The Story of Thud
- Death and What Comes Next
- Neil Gaiman: Amazing Master Conjurer
- Introduction to The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Fantasy
- Elves Were Bastards
- Medical Notes
- Sheer Delight
- The Orangutans Are Dying
- The Ankh-Morpork National Anthem
- Alien Christmas
- Turntables of the Night
- Cult Classic
- The Choice Word
- Whose Fantasy Are You?
- No Worries
- Troll Bridge
- The Faces of Fantasy/On Writing
- Imaginary Worlds, Real Stories
- The Secret Book of the Dead
- Magic Kingdoms
- Once and Future
- A Word about Hats
- The Titles That Got Away (Afterword by Priscilla Olson)
- A Blink of the Screen (Doubleday, 2012)
- Dragons At Crumbling Castle (Doubleday, 11 September 2014)
- A Slip of the Keyboard Collected Non-fiction Writings (Doubleday, 25 Sep 2014)
- Der ganze Wahnsinn: Storys (The Whole Madness: Stories) (Piper, 2007, with Andreas Brandhorst) German variation of Once More* *with Footnotes with some material different than the English release.