Book:The Art of Discworld
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Book:The Art of Discworld|
|All data relates to the first UK edition.|
The list of pictures below is not exhaustive.
- Havelock Vetinari with his motto, "Si Non Confectus Non Reficiat"
- Ankh-Morpork City Watch
- Assassins' Guild
- Beggars' Guild (all of the below are honorary members only)
- Death and the Horsemen
- Witches and related
- Nac Mac Feegle and related
If you look carefully, some pictures contain fairly interesting items that aren't immediately obvious:
- The 2-page black/white image of the Librarian reading the library shows several fictional Discworld books, many of which appear in other books:
- Monster Fun Grimoire
- Nosehinger on the Laws of Contract
- Woddeley's Occult Primer
- Howe To Kille Insects by Humptulip
- The Book of Alberto Malich The Mage
- Bumper Fun Grimoire
- Octarine Fairy Book
- Book of Going Forth Around Elevenish
- Anima Unnaturale
- The Shuttered Palace
- Dictionary of Eye-Watering Words
- The 1-page image of Librarian playing the organ includes:
- It looks like a reference to Terry Jones playing naked on the piano in Monty Python's Flying Circus
- The 2-page black and white image of Greebo includes:
- The 2-page black and white image of Leonard of Quirm includes:
- letters on the left side form "oh wretched mortals"
- letters on the right side form "open your eyes"
- the naked Gytha Ogg sketch is a reference to a drawing from the film Titanic
- Leonardo Da Vinci's study of cat movements is in the middle right (behind the flying machine sketch)
- an Ornithopter, also Da Vinci's idea
- The pastiche of The Hireling Shepherd (with Gytha Ogg and Leonardo) includes:
- Leonardo has a woman's handbag - possibly a reference to Da Vinci's sexual orientation.
- The black and white sketch of Kaos includes:
- armour is covered with fractals